Boots are the wardrobe staple and go-to accessory, especially during the chilly months. We actually look forward to experimenting with our appeal and pulling out of our closets or deciding which pair we should go with after every change in seasons. However, here is the dilemma! While choosing from the two favorite options- knee-high or over-the-knee boots? Which pair do you choose, and what difference between the two? Then, here is the blog post with some styling advice and difference to make a fashion triumph appeal.
Over The Knee Boots V/S Knee-High Boots
- Well, the knee-high boots can either end just below the kneecap or have some extra material in the front to cover the kneecap. But will leave the back open for comfortable feet. In contrast, over-the-knee boots cover the entire knee and can end up either above the kneecap or can extend up to the thigh.
- Knee-high boots are classic boots made up of rigid materials, while over the knee are generally made with flexible and soft materials.
- Knee-high boots go well with shorter dresses, but over-the-knee boots go well with various outfits, from jeans to skirts and dresses.
- The shorter your legs are, the more flattering your knee-high boots look and vice-versa with over-the-knee boots.
Now, let’s discuss the styling guide for both for this winter season.
How to Style Your Over Knee Boots in Winters?
- Style with a Casual Outfit
You might think that these tall boots will give you formal appeal and looks great with formal outfits. But, over-the-knee boots are easy to wear and can style well in casual attire. Pull these boots over the pair of leggings, and then tie your oversized T-shirt or long-sleeved V-neck sweatshirt. You can also cover the look with a cardigan.
- Partner with Your Dress
You can wear any type of dress with these tall boots. A mini dress enables you to show off the entire boot as the hemline falls a few inches above the knee, while they also look amazing with long or mini dresses too.
- Wear with a leather skirt
A pair of heeled knee boots with a leather skirt, and the blazer or jacket on the top gives you a perfect date night look. You can accessorize with big earrings and bold color lipstick.
- Get Ready for Your Office Look
Over-the-knee boots are the perfect way to add a touch of sophistication to your casual business looks. Try pairing them with a calf-length sweater dress and an oversized blazer, then finish off the ensemble with a pair of tights for extra coverage and warmth. Alternatively, try layering these boots under a maxi dress and blazer for a stylish and unique look.
How to Wear Knee-High Boots This Winters?
- Add the Warmth to Your Mini Skirt
Miniskirts are now not only cute to wear in summer but can also be extended to winter. Yes, they can pair well with oversized sweaters or cardigans and knee-high boots. They are the perfect option to provide you with style, warmth and comfort. Layering is a key; where you can pair it with thick pair of tights or leggings, but alone also acts as a protective layer from the cold.
- Pair with Sweater Dress
This is a cute and cozy-dress combo for these winters. It is an easy look that you can wear to your workplace, brunch out with your girlfriends, date night with your special person or run errands.
- Give a Contrast to Your Cozy Cardigan
No matter what the occasion, being cozy and comfortable should always come first. But just because you’re dressing for comfort doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style. The key here is to pair a cozy staple with something a little dressier, like a knit cardigan with sleek knee-high boots. That way, you’ll look great and feel even better. Just remember to choose the cardigan colour that complements your boot well.
- Layering Under Long Skirt
Layering up is the most appropriate option when you want to feel warm in harsh chilly winter months. So, while you must pair your favorite knee-high boots with miniskirts, you can utilize them as an extra layer of comfort under the midi or long skirt. This is actually a smart move where you can expose your personality without losing comfort.
Want Some Inspiration?
Browse the website of Novo Shoes New Zealand and let allow it to be your style statement. For whatever occasion, they have the perfect signature look of footwear based on your preferences and personality.