Nurses are the wheels that keep a health care facility working smoothly. When all other healthcare professionals have done their bit, it is nurses that follow up on treatment, aftercare and recovery. For this reason, no medical facility should take them for granted or be short staffed of them.
Even before the COVID 19 pandemic, the nation has been talking about shortage of nurses. However, the outbreak of the pandemic amplified this shortage so loudly that it’s now a major issue in the health sector. Check out this link for more details: https://www.healthaffairs.org/
In light of the above, this article would discuss the advantages of working with International Nursing Agencies for both employers and employees.
Understanding International Nursing Agencies
These agencies are responsible for helping hospital administrators get adequate staffing. They most often work for and with both employer and employee. One of their topmost priorities is to ensure that medical facilities get competent and committed professionals with minimal disruption and staff turnover.
These organizations take care of all the immigration and licensing issues/ processes for their candidates. This means that they source for the medical personnel (in this case nurses) and then facilitate their migration to different countries. The nurses are under the employ of these agencies on a term contract and assigned to various facilities/organizations. Once the contract expires, the hospital or medical facility can negotiate a full term contract directly with the nurses.
This arrangement has a number of advantages for both the medical facilities and the nurses. These advantages include the following:-
Advantages for Employers
Just as with any employment agency, these agencies relieve employers of a lot of stress; below are some of the advantages of using them:-
- A Large Pool of Qualified Prospects- They go through the stress of looking for qualified nurses and going through all the preliminary employment processes. It is only after rigorous screening that they present a pool of candidates to their clients.
- Seamless Recruitment Process – They help to facilitate interviews by any electronic means possible. Some agencies would even arrange face to face interviews.
- Trustworthy and Loyal Candidates – They eliminate the issue of fraud because they would carefully vet the candidates before presenting them to the prospective employer. They would also incentivise their candidate so much so that they become loyal staff.
- No Immigration Hassles – They take care of all the immigration issues and give their clients up to date reports of the stage at which their prospective staff is in the immigration process. This helps the employer to know when to expect the new staff. Check out this site for US immigration laws.
- Cost Effective- All the above help in saving the client a lot of money and time. Even though they would still do their due diligence, they only have to vet the agency that would do the bulk of the work.
Advantages for Employees
A lot of healthcare practitioners would love to work overseas. However getting employment without assistance from an international agency is very difficult. But working with these organizations, one can get to enjoy a number of benefits. These advantages include the following:-
- Better Chances of Networking – Candidates get the chance to be paired with great organizations. There are spaces that you as an individual cannot access but with affiliation with these agencies, you get access.
- Proper Immigration Procedure – They would help you go through immigration processes legitimately. They’ll help you get your visa and every necessary document required for whatever destination you are going to work in.
- Assist You in Getting Proper Certifications and Licenses- Every country has its requirements for nurses to quality and work there. These people know all the certifications and licenses needed and they would help their candidates get them.
- Stress Free Integration – When their candidates get to their destination, these agencies help them to settle down. Even from their home countries, the agency would book their flight and ensure that someone meets them at the airport. They would even go on to help them get accommodation, assist with issue of setting up bank accounts and getting whatever means of identification is required in the host country.
- Continued Support – Even after the candidate has started work, a reputable international agency for nursing still keeps an eye on their nurses and ensures that they are doing well. They monitor them until their contract with them expires. This gives them ample time to find their footing and be fully established in the host country.
We have provided the advantages of using international nursing recruitment agencies for both employers and employees. So whether you are an employer or a prospective employee, we believe that the information provided herein is vital. You do not need to go through any hassle when you can work with an established firm.
However, it is expedient that you look out for highly reputable agencies to work with. Ensure that you do not just engage the first agency that appeals to you; do your due diligence so that you do not fall victim of fraudulent people.