They say money can’t buy happiness. But in this modern age when people can think of unlimited things to do around the world, is this still true or applicable?
Money can’t buy happiness because happiness is not solely determined by material possessions or financial wealth, but also by factors such as social relationships, health, and personal fulfillment. In fact, excessive focus on money and material possessions can lead to unhappiness and dissatisfaction, as people may become too preoccupied with accumulating wealth and lose sight of other important aspects of their lives.
However, money can buy certain things that can make people happy, such as experiences, material possessions, and a certain level of financial security. Money is needed to cover basic needs and provide a comfortable standard of living, which can contribute to our happiness because we can provide for ourselves and for our family. Having enough money somehow gives us peace of mind, and in turn contributes to our mental health.
While money can’t actually buy “happiness,” it greatly contributes to happiness to some extent. It’s important to remember that it’s not the only factor and that a balanced approach to life is necessary to achieve overall happiness and well-being.
Money indeed can buy things that can make our life happy nowadays, which is why it always matters to anyone. When money is scarce, life is problematic because the balance of our whole being is affected. This is the time that loans come onto the scene, and here are a few reasons why people might consider taking out loans.
- To purchase something that they cannot afford now: Sometimes people need to borrow money to buy things they need or want but cannot afford to pay for in full at the time of purchase, such as a car, a house, or a college education.
- To cover unexpected expenses: Emergencies and unexpected events such as medical bills, car repairs, or home repairs may require people to borrow money to cover the cost.
- To consolidate debt: People may also borrow money to consolidate multiple debts into one loan, which can help simplify their finances and lower their monthly payments.
- To start or grow a business: Starting or expanding a business often requires a significant amount of capital, which many entrepreneurs do not have on hand. Borrowing money can provide the necessary funding to get the business off the ground.
- To improve credit score: Borrowing money and making timely payments can also help improve a person’s credit score, which can lead to better interest rates and loan terms in the future.
Any amount of money that is borrowed can bring back the balance in our life, not just on the financial side but in almost every aspect. This is how and why money is important, and yes it can even buy happiness. But that happiness must be sustained by being a responsible borrower. That happiness can last longer if the money is put to good use. Ironically, the happiness that money can buy can also turn into a nightmare when money is not managed properly. The happiness brought about by having money can be either temporary or permanent depending on the person’s financial mindset. So better be smart and wise in spending your money, especially when it comes from a loan, so you will get the full benefit of the happiness it gives.
Overall, borrowing money can help people achieve their financial goals and manage unexpected expenses, but it’s important to consider the terms of the loan carefully and make sure it fits within your budget.