Are you looking for a construction style that is energy efficient and faster in Australia? Then, tilt panel construction will be the right fit for you!
The CCAA (Cement Concretes and Congregates Australia) has been working towards transforming the construction industry. They have introduced this cost-effective method of tilt-up construction to help enhance concrete technology and its applications.
Are you intrigued? If you are, then read on to find out about the basics of tilt-up construction!
What is Tilt-Up Construction?
A tilt-up or tilt panel construction deals with concrete slabs or panels that form an exterior wall. A series of such slabs are put together and tilted into their location to create a wall. These panels can be made from rebar, concrete, or wood forms.
Either way, they are cut and matched to the final design. After this, concrete is poured on it to form the finished product.
After getting manufactured, the panels are placed in a vertical position. Ideally, this is a tilted set that works as a foundation for the external structure of any building. While putting them up, constructors use temporary braces to keep them in place.
Once the roof gets tied into the structure, the braces are pulled off.
Process of Tilt-Up Construction
As mentioned earlier, the method includes a few steps. For the most part, it deals with three vital processes, which are:
- The creation of the slabs – The first step is to create the load-bearing units that help the building elevate. They work as an envelope for the structure since they are secured on the ground.
- The lifting of these slabs – These panels are then lifted and tilted with the help of a crane. For this, the panels must have sufficient strength in them before being placed in their final location.
- The setting of these slabs – Once the crane finds the panels, the workers will place them vertically. The slabs will be put on the created foundation to form the desired wall.
By following the steps mentioned above, the constructors can create a tilt-up panel that is efficient in use.
Benefits of Tilt-Up Construction
As mentioned earlier, tilt-up construction offers numerous benefits, making them ideal for use. Here are a few of them:
- Quicker construction process –Due to its lesser labour requirements, the tilt-up construction process takes only a few days.
- Minimised labour and material costs – It does not require an extremely skilled workforce because of ready-mix materials.
- Energy-efficient – Using reinforced concrete in a tilt-up process invokes thermal properties in the walls.
- Design options – You can get the exact design and specifications you want on the walls when going with tilt-up construction.
Indeed, this construction process is highly efficient and less labour-intensive. Therefore, you get a wide range of design options while saving costs. Above all, being energy efficient, tilt-up can insulate your home better.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a more reliable, cost-effective, and quicker method of construction, tilt-up is the perfect option for you.
It is not only safe and less labour-intensive, but it also offers energy efficiency. Moreover, it only takes a few easy steps to implement. Due to this, the construction time gets diminished, and so does the overall cost.
Are you ready to jump on the bandwagon yet?