Instagram is a well-known social media platform. The platform was developed to express feelings and emotions through images. Most other platforms of the old were primarily descriptive in nature. However, Instagram turned the tide in favor of visual social media. The change took time, but surely enough, Instagram has become one of the most widely used social media platforms. The platform is so popular that brands and influencers have used it for marketing and advertising. Instagram advertising is now a multi-billion-dollar industry in itself.
As with any platform used for marketing and advertising, Instagram also has its own metrics that advertisers refer to. The number of likes on posts is the primary metric that helps decide how popular it is on the platform. The number of followers of a user is the other critical metric that matters. So, Insta likes and followers make the backbone of Instagram.
When numbers matter, some thresholds decide how a platform can react to everything. Getting 1000 likes on Instagram is a threshold that can help users take their profile to the next level. 1000 likes will help you get the interest and attention of other users on the platform. The number of likes and the associated attention is vital to the success of influencers. Influencers can earn a good amount of money once they have at least a hundred thousand followers. Though there is no definitive rule, it is believed that once a user has 100,000 followers, every 1000 followers after that will help them earn $10.
How to get 1000 likes on Instagram?
There are quite a few ways in which you can look to boost your engagement with your audience and increase the number of likes. Here are a few ways in which you can achieve that milestone.
- Use relevant and right hashtags in your posts.
- Tagging the relevant users help you get more visibility.
- Though the platform is mainly visual, the appropriate captions can boost your content. So, work on the captions to make them more appealing to your audience.
- Location tagging is always advisable on your Instagram posts.
- Running like-to-win contests can help you get more likes.
- There is no alternative to good content. As Instagram is visual and photo-based, posting good-quality images is a must.
- User-generated content and behind-the-scenes content help you generate a lot of attention. These can be very useful in increasing the number of likes.
What can 1000 followers help achieve?
There is a general consensus that the number of followers you have will help you generate around 5-10% likes on your posts. This means every 1000 followers can help you get 50-100+ likes on your posts. We have already discussed the potential of earning for every 1000 followers when you achieve the 100,000 followers mark. Thus 1000 followers at each step is a milestone that you can target.
To conclude, we can definitely say that Instagram is now the leading social media platform in the world. Therefore, it should be high on the list of an influencer looking to earn. Likes on posts and followers are the most vital metrics for the platform, so as an influencer, you should look to increase these one step at a time.