Mathematics is one of the most quintessential subjects in a child’s life. It’s something a person often needs throughout his/her entire life. But, for kids, it can be a little stressful too. When the kids know that a mathematics exam is around the corner, they tend to tremble up. The 7th class math syllabus is very important for a student’s basics. Students need an orderly study agenda in order to excel through their exams. So, here’s a guide to escort you through all the relevant mathematics chapters to clear a child’s fundamentals.
Unskippable, significant chapters for your mathematics exam:
- Integers: This chapter is not very time-consuming but has a lot of weightage in terms of marks. It’s easy to go through as students are familiar with this topic. Some of the important topics of this chapter are Multiplicative and additive identities of Integers, multiplication of integers, and properties of the division of Integers.
- Fractions & Decimals: This chapter could be made easy to comprehend by the usage of real-life examples. Some of the major topics of this chapter are Multiplication & Division of Fractions and multiplication & division of decimals.
- Simple Equations: This chapter is very compact and brief. It is very easy to study and practicing is the key to unfasten this chapter’s score.
- Perimeter and Area: This is a chapter that most students find interesting and easy to learn. Practicing the commonly occurred questions of this chapter might help a student to shine in this chapter.
- Exponents & Power: This chapter is very scoring in terms of marks and a student might find it difficult. Focusing on relevant topics like Exponential Form of Numbers, Laws of Multiplying and dividing Powers, Laws of taking Power of a Power, Laws of Multiplying and dividing Powers with the Same Exponent might help you in understanding.
- Algebraic Expressions: Algebra is important from all points of view as it inculcates logical thinking in the brain of a student. Topics like addition/subtraction of polynomials and values of Algebraic Expressions at different points are very important and vital for scoring in this chapter.
- Comparing Quantities: This chapter introduces a new topic for the students. Extra time & practice can help you achieve excellence in this chapter. Some of the important topics of this chapter are applications of ratio, problems on percentage(increase/decrease), simple interest.
- Symmetry: This chapter is a significant aspect of the study of geometry. Practicing symmetrical figures of rectangle, rhombus, hexagon, etc. could help the student in getting a grasp of this chapter.
Planning a proper timetable for the exam could be hard and tricky. With perseverance, obedience, and hard labor outshining in your exams could be a piece of cake. Here are some of the most effective preparation tips for scholastic perfection:
- Formulate a precise study plan: Forming a proper study plan includes pinning down all the important dates and planning study sessions according to the exams. The student should give priority to the most important chapters and then formulate the amount of time they should give to the less important ones.
- A thorough revision of relevant formulas: All the important formulas should be practiced by regular solving of questions. Students should prepare a list of these formulas and memorize them on a daily basis.
- Practise: Practise leads to perfection and maths is all about perfection. The more the student practices the topics the more they excel.
- Refer to your NCERT books: When it comes to exams, NCERT books are the best to go through. They are articulate and very condensed. Student can strengthen their fundamentals by the usage of this book. You can go through the Class 7 Maths NCERT Books PDF for a better understanding of the questions.
- Study Methods: There are more than many new study methods that have been introduced for more focused learning.
- Mind Mapping: Creating a mind map can improve your learning skills as it creates a map for the brain to follow to understand the context of the topic. It helps in ingraining the concepts of hierarchy and relationships.
- Flashcards for fun: In order to learn in a creative and fun way, students can use flashcards. Students can set flashcards according to the study of the topic on a map to guide themselves. They can also create a pop quiz for themselves with the help of a friend.
- Feynman Technique: This technique focuses on transforming complex sentences of the chapter into simple words. This technique helps the student learn the topic in their own way.
- Make yourself comfortable: Students should set up a comfortable study area but not too comfortable. They should sit upright and choose a quiet place in order to remain mindful.
- Staying Healthy: Students should take care of their mental health as exams can create a stressful environment for their brains. They should meditate or exercise before and after their sessions of studying. They should also get a healthy diet to order to prevent any laziness. Most importantly, they should get at least 8 hours of sleep in order to keep their mind and body strenuous.
- Do not Cram: At the final moment, students tend to resort to cramming formulas to get the job done. But such learning does not last long term as concepts of mathematics need constant learning.
- Video Learning: Videos are more fun and interactive way to learn as compared to the traditional way of learning. Infographics and animated content keep the fun alive. Videos increase the power of the brain to retain content, so students would be able to have a long-lasting grasp of the subject.
Following these study techniques could help a student achieve excellence and knock out every academic hurdle that may stand before them. Exam-related stress is exhausting and can decrease the student’s determination to achieve supremacy in exams. Precise recesses through study sessions prevent the student from being overstressed. Students can also analyze some stimulating and progressive revising routines like math games, interactive worksheets, puzzles, etc for an astounding result.