In today’s world, large multi-national companies (MNC) operating out of multiple geographies need to put a lot of measures in place to handle the huge pool of diverse workforce in their respective organizations.
From hiring to retiring, human resources (which is now known as People Solutions in many organizations) plays a vital role to keep the employees happy and engaged. Since employees are the best assets for any organization, talent management teams play a vital role in keeping the seamless functioning of the organization intact.
What are the different roles of HR and how it is changing the whole picture?
Over the years, jobs in talent management have evolved from keeping the factory workers happy and stopping them from going on strikes to the overall development of an employee in an organization. In the current times, the human resources managers work closely with the leadership teams and work on the strategies of getting new clients, hiring the right resources needed for those clients and helping the workforce to generate new ideas and become more productive. Following are some of the HR roles which have evolved a lot in the last few decades. If you are planning to make a career in HR, you might want to have a good idea about them.
Recommended HR Roles
- Talent Manager/Human Resources Manager- The role of a talent manager is to source, hire and onboard the right skills for the right roles in the organization. It is their duty to ensure that the employees remain happy in the organization and their productivity is high.
- Talent Leader- A talent leader typically is responsible for a few geographies within an organization and talent managers within his/her span report in to him/her.
- Global Talent Management Leader- Global talent management leaders, have a bigger responsibility as talent leaders of all the geographies report into them. They are responsible to hire and retain talents from various diversity backgrounds and ensure that they work harmoniously in the organization.
- Human Resources Generalist- It is the entry-level yet very responsible role in the hierarchy of any organization. The generalist has to take care of all the roles of HR instead of a specialized task. It covers almost all HR functions that comprise administration, hiring, compensation, and many more. Generally, after completing the MBA HR talent management degree, someone joins as a generalist.
- Human Resources Director- The Human Resources Director normally oversees, guides and manages the complete spectrum of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire organization. All the functions under HR like recruitment, organizational space planning, performance management, employment compliance, policy development and documentation, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, employee safety, employee wellness programs, corporate social responsibility and employee learning and development report into him/her.
Responsibilities of HR professional
The HR department has responsibility for all of the functions that transact with the needs and activities of the organization’s employees which include the following functions
- Recruiting and on-boarding
- Hiring and background verification
- Training and development
- Promotions and progressions
- Internal Communication
- Performance Management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Policy Recommendation
- Salary and Benefits
- Team Building
- Employee Relations
- leadership development
- Employee safety, health, and well-being
- Diversity Managemen
Talent management certification programs
Certified talent professionals are capable of handling the most arduous leadership roles and responsibilities in Human Capital Management or Talent Management. To reach the senior management roles in the talent management career path, the following certifications will turn out to be useful.
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional certification will give the right boost to your career if you are handling the role of a Global talent manager.
- HRCI-Senior Professional in Human Resourcescertificationwill helps you to establish your career in the global talent management team of your organization.
- TMI-Senior Talent Management Practitioner certification is one of the most prestigious programs for Mid-level HR personal. By covering all arts and science of HR responsibilities, the certification helps you to sail smoothly in the space of senior-level talent management careers.