Data is the new oil fueling business growth with insightful information extracted from the data generated by various business activities.As a result, a data analyst has become the most valuable asset in any growing business organization. Therefore, businesses spend more on hiring analytics talent and technology to extract the most value. With the constantly increasing demand for data analytics professionals, more and more students are turning to this field for lucrative job opportunities and rich compensation. However, an individual must possess a rich and diverse skill set to become a data analyst.
A well-designed data analytics program can develop in-demand skills and knowledge required to analyze data and drive decision-making to increase business efficiency. Therefore this course can prepare students for a futuristic career in a domain that is expected to stay relevant in the near future. To put that in perspective, the data analyst role is in high demand as organizations are growing their analytics capabilities at a rapid clip. In August, IDC forecasted big data and analytics software revenue would hit $66.8 billion in 2022 and experience an 8.7 % Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) by 2024.
Data analysts are professionals responsible for handling massive amounts of data and providing value to businesses. Here are the core responsibilities of a data analyst:
- Data analyst mostly work with an organization’s structured data to create reports, dashboards, and other visualization on data associated with customers, market economies, customer, and business processes that supports business leaders in making data-driven decisions that enhance productivity
- Data analysts develop and implement databases along with data collection systems
- Data analysts analyze data using statistical techniques and ultimately provide reports
- Extract data from primary and secondary sources to maintain data systems
- Data analysts identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
- Data analysts filter and clean data
- Data analysts locate and define new process improvement activities
We live in a data-centric world, where businesses rely on customer data to enhance productivity. Every device and technology that we use today generates data. The total amount of data generated around the globe every day is nearly 2.5 quintillion bytes, allowing businesses and organizations to generate business values worth billions of dollars. To deal with massive data, organizations use various tools, and technology data analysts use to work with structured data.
Data analytics professionals are expected to have a rich and diverse skill set to recognize trends and patterns. According to leading websites, a data analytics professional is required to have the following most in-demand technical skills:
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Excel
There are different data analysts, and each analyst might require expertise in different tools and technology. Market research analysts, Operations research analysts, business analysts, and business intelligence analysts are the different types of data analysts. If you are keen to work with data, a well-designed data analyst course can help you develop the knowledge and skills required to analyze data.