Sometimes as a contractor, you may need to renew your contractor license. The law requires that you maintain an up-to-date and valid contractor license, so it is important to know the process for renewing your license. Here are the steps you need to take to renew your Wisconsin contractor license:
1. Check the expiration date of your current license
You can find this information by logging in to the Department of Regulation and Licensing’s online license lookup tool. If your license has expired, you will need to renew it as soon as possible. This will allow you to continue working as a contractor in Wisconsin. You will be able to apply for contacts, bids, and perfrom work.
2. Begin the renewal process at least 30 days before your license expires
This will ensure that you have enough time to complete the renewal process and avoid any lapse in your license. This will also give you time to complete any continuing education requirements that may be necessary for renewal.
3. Gather the required documentation
To renew your license, you will need to submit a completed renewal application, proof of liability insurance, and the appropriate renewal fee. You can find the renewal application on the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services website.
4. Submit your renewal application and documentation
You can submit your renewal application and documentation online, by mail, or in person. If you submit your renewal application online, you will need to pay the renewal fee by credit card. If you submit your application by mail or in person, you can pay the renewal fee by check or money order.
5. Complete any continuing education requirements
Depending on the type of contractor license you hold, you may be required to complete continuing education courses as part of the renewal process. The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services website has a list of approved courses. You can check on Rockercert for anything to do with your exams. Why you should choose Rocketcert;
– We provide the most up to date content to help you prepare for your exams
– Our course material is written by experts in the field. This will ensure you get the best possible preparation for your exams.
– Our courses are affordable and you can choose from a variety of delivery methods to fit your schedule and learning
– We ensure that you are getting the most accurate and relevant information possible.
– Our courses are available online, so you can access them from anywhere at any time.
-Accessibility – You can access your courses on any device, including your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
-Convenience – You can complete our courses at your own pace and on your schedule.
-Support – Our team of experts is available to answer any questions you may have.
6. Once your renewal application is processed, your new license will be mailed to you
You should receive your new license within 4-6 weeks. If you have not received your license within this time frame, you can contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services at (800) 495-6612. Ensure you can always provide proof of your up-to-date and valid contractor license, as this is required by law.
Following these steps will help to ensure that you can renew your Wisconsin contractor license without any problems. It is important to keep your license up-to-date and valid to avoid any penalties or legal consequences.