Asparagus is a flowering plant categorized in the lily family like onion, garlic. It is mostly farmed as a vegetable crop. It is scientifically known as asparagus officinalis. It can be grown 100 to 150 cm in length with many-branched and feathery leaves. Its bell-shaped greenish or yellowish flowers are produced singly or in clusters in the meet point of small branches. Mostly Syrians, Romans, Greeks, Alps, and Spanish people eat this vegetable as a meal. It contains fewer calories, rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- It is a source of vitamin k essential for bone health.
- It is richer in folate that is an essential nutrient for a healthy pregnancy.
- It helps in DNA formation and cell growth.
- It reduces oxidative stress.
- It protects from chronic inflammation and many fatal diseases.
- It improves the digestive system.
- It normalizes blood pressure by dilating blood vessels.
- It helps in losing weight.
Ways to cook asparagus:
There are many ways to cook asparagus but it depends on you that what taste you are searching for.
· Boiled asparagus
It is the easiest method as you have to just add the water to the pot. Add a little bit of salt for boiling. Add asparagus; cook it for 1 to 3 minutes until it changes its color and texture. Then after some time, when it cools down, the asparagus is ready.
· Steamed asparagus:
Place the asparagus in the steamer and cover. Cook it for 2 to 4 minutes similarly until its color changes. Then after it cools down, asparagus is ready to eat.
· Roasted asparagus:
Roasting means to coat the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper mixture. Cook on the frying pan on low flame for half an hour. Shake the pan continuously. When tips start to be browned and spear tender, then it is ready.
· Sautéed asparagus:
Cut the asparagus into pieces same like lady’s fingers. Fry the spears on high flame with butter and oil. Stir the asparagus by adding some salt and pepper to it. When its color changed, the dish is ready to be served.
· Broiled asparagus:
Coat asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper mixture. Broil it in the oven. Cook asparagus from the heating effect in the oven. After 8 to 10 minutes, the color changes and asparagus is ready to eat.
· Pan-roasted asparagus:
Heat the sauté pan on medium flame. Coat asparagus with the salt and pepper mixture. Add some butter or oil for its frying process. Cover the pan. After few minutes, uncover the pan and turn the heat to high. Serve the asparagus by tong and enjoy the delicious dish ever.
Asparagus containing dishes
There are some ways to add asparagus in different dishes to make it more delicious, attractive, and craving and mouthful.
- Shape asparagus in thin rings and mix it in frittata and breakfast casserole.
- Sprinkle some sauce on steamed asparagus.
- Wrap it in the aluminum paper for roasting.
- Make the pasta delicious by adding asparagus topping.
- After boiling and cooling, add it to the other vegetable dishes.
- Fry it in the shape of potato fries and then dip it with sauce before eating.
- Bake it with the bread coat.
- Add it in the chicken breasts or meat for a more enjoyable effect.
Asparagus also prevent you from various diseases. Especially, if you are a man and suffering from premature ejaculation then immediately add asparagus to your diet. For better results, start taking a dose of kamagra oral jelly australia regularly. If you want to purchase these Australian supplements then click this.
Recipes with asparagus
· Baked honey mustard chicken
After baking chicken in mustard, top asparagus with the sauce on it.
· Grilled asparagus:
Sauté the asparagus on the BBQ grates with a smoky flavor that gives a lightly crispy effect. Add some lime juice to it.
· Ham quiche:
Ham quiche is the crust with the filling of eggs, ham, asparagus, chives, and butter. It is covered with a butter layer that makes it more sweetened.