Do you plan to study at an Australian institute? If yes, you should be congratulated first for taking such a fantastic decision. Right now, Australia is one of the best countries to provide world-class education in every field.
Now let us be very formal. To study in Australia, the essential thing that you will need is an Australian student visa. The majority of the international students need to have the Student Visa Subclass 500 to enrol in an educational institute. You may wonder what the eligibility requirements are and how you can apply for this visa. Well, you should not worry about it. This write-up gives you a detailed guide on the Student Visa.
What Is The Student Visa 500?
The Student Visa 500 allows an international student to live in Australia for a maximum of 5 years to study full-time at any institute, in line with the course of enrolment. This visa will help you enrol in an eligible study course and work for a maximum of 40 hours every 2 weeks after the course commences.
How Can You Get This Visa?
To get the student visa subclass 500, you need to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Your age must be at least 6 years.
- Evidence of English language skills is required. You will need to take an international English language test, and the result should not be older than 2 years. IELTS is the most accepted test in the Australian continent. But, TOEFL, PTE are also accepted.
- A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) document will also be required at the time of application. It will confirm that the university has accepted you to a CRICOS-registered course.
- The applicants and the other family members included in the application should have Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC during the entire duration of their stay in Australia.
- If you have not turned 18, you must show evidence of proper welfare arrangements while staying in Australia.
- You should have enough financial support to cover all the expenses like tuition fees, accommodation, and travel costs.
- Finally, everyone included in the application has to satisfy relevant health and character requirements.
What Is The Application Procedure?
Now, let us discuss the key points of the application procedure.
- While applying from outside of Australia, you must have at least 6 weeks in your hand for the application before the course starts.
- If you are in Australia while applying, it is also better to have that 6 week-time in your hands to avoid any complications.
- You want to know the documents required for the visa, right? Well, then you should open the ‘student visa 500 checklist Tool for Document’ to see the most updated version of documents. Remember, the tool is updated twice each year, first on 31 March and then on 30 September.
- You can make the application online. For that, you will need to open your account on the website of the Immigration Department. You will have to complete the relevant form, attach the necessary documents, and pay the application fees during the application.
Any visa application procedure is long and complicated. At the same time, the Australian Department of Home Affairs is very strict about the australian visa subclass 500 rules. Omission of a single document can delay the process and maybe eventual cancellation. To avoid such devastating consequences, you can discuss with any migration agent Adelaide.
What does the Student Visa 500 application cost?
For the main applicant, the application fee will be AUD 620. For other applicants, separate charges will apply.
What is the processing time for the visa?
Visa processing times are different depending on two factors: the sector in which you are applying and the volume of applications submitted. In the higher education sector, 75% of applications get processed in 29 days, while for 90% of applications, it is 42 days. But in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) sector, the processing times for 75% and 90% of applications are 43 days and 77 days, respectively.
Whom can you include in your application?
Having your family beside you in a foreign country can give you much strength. The best thing about the Subclass 500 Student Visa is that it allows students to include their partner or spouse and their dependent child, who has not become an adult and is unmarried.
Do you need to declare your family member in your student visa application even if they do not travel with you?
Yes, you have to declare your family members in the subclass 500 student visa application even if they do not plan to come to Australia with you. If their names are not mentioned in the visa application and want to join you later, you will be required to apply for a new student visa Adelaide. Their names and the proper reason behind their exclusion in the previous application should be included in that application.
What can you do if your situation gets changed?
During your 5-year stay in Australia, anything can happen. But, whatever it may be, you should not forget to let the Home Affairs Department know. The information generally includes.
- Changes in email id, residential address, phone number or passport
- Changes to the relationship status
- Changes to the welfare arrangements, if you are under 18
- Birth of a child
For convenience, you may contact any immigration agent in Adelaide.
Who Can Help You?
If you have to change your course, then also you must inform the Department of Home Affairs. For professional guidance, you may consult any top-rated immigration agency Adelaide.